Christmas part two... my side!
Another Christmas come and gone......
Part two was with my drunken Irish brood of a family, and of course, the alcoholic Italian wife of my dad. Doesn't that set up this blog nicely? lol
I think dh finally started talking to me again sometime last night!!!!! Yes... he is a gem who puts up with them when sometimes I go into "hiding". The few that I try to hide from always seem to find me though! :)
This Christmas didn't disappoint. Lots to talk about, lots of funny stories, and lots of new funny memories. Let's just say that Church was an adventure, and I'm not sure if I will ever be allowed back in there. We had an entire pew, and each one of us (except the alcoholic Italian wife of my dad) were laughing uncontrollably. My niece knew her limit, and removed herself before the Gospel was read. She was aghast upon returning -- she thought she could miss the homily -- but nope! What am I babbling about? Well.... there is this one traveling priest that happened to say mass that day.... a certain priest that has been deaf since childhood, and chooses to sing. Loudly. I don't want any of you to think that I am some insensitive imbecile that normally laughs at a persons handicap, but this one was too much with my siblings next to me. One of us started to smile... then the chuckle... then the laugh... tears...spit... shoulders heaving, and then the cry out loud and snorts. Yes...... I am going to hell.... all over Christmas Mass. That should be double penance!!!!! I am sure that my Mom was looking down at us from Heaven, laughing right along with us. Heck, I'm convinced that she and my Grandpa planned this one for us. What made it EVEN MORE? funny was Dad's wife sitting there all pius and stuff with her personal bible, prayer guide, and rosary. LOL
Breathe in, breathe out.......
Then... jump to the Christmas dinner table. I should have known -- it was going to happen. We got caught. Yup -- red handed, red-faced, and oh so guilty. Dad's wife has this horrible need to drone on endlessly with the MOST BORING ass stories ever known to mankind. You want a blankie to curl up with, because THEY WILL put you to sleep. You know...the most minute details that don't matter-- getting way off course with idiotic side comments-- and then the best ones... telling us stories of OUR LIVES, like we didn't live them ourselves. The one that did it was a story of my Dad's life as a child.... dh rolled his eyes at me, I rolled mine at my sister, she to her two kids, and then my brother. Yup...busted... we got caught. We made Dad's wife cry. Score! She was so loaded on the scotch and wine at that point, that we all just got up to start to carry the dishes into the kitchen, and then it happened AGAIN.... the belly laughs spraying all over. How the heck are we ever going to make it thru this?
Breathe in, breathe out.......
Did I mention only one broken glass? That in itself is a miracle... of course it happened to the alcoholic wife of my Dad!!!!!!
What's Christmas at my house without a mean game of poker, pool, a board game (Dirty Minds!), and a round or two of rummy? That part was fun.
Luckily for dh, Easter is a few months away.....................
Labels: Present -- Presence -- or my favorite lots of Presents

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to let me know what you think! Julie
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home