Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Day before Thanksgiving, Part Two

I've made it over the hump. The pile of recipes are dwindling, and the pies are in the oven. What does all this mean? I can (ok, I NEED to) sit down for a blissful 45 minutes, and put my feet up, and contemplate that bottle of kahlua calling for me. Can you hear it?

So far, so good -- kinda. First the good news: I haven't killed anyone (yet), and I managed to make it thru the grocery store without forgetting any ingredient. I'm sure the clean up boys didn't appreciate me dripping fresh turkey juice all over the store, leaving a nice trail of salmonella poisoning. Hey, what can I say? It was my 2nd trip to the store in less than 18 hours, and I was quite grumpy. If you've ever seen the parking lot on the day before a holiday you'd understand. The term "kill or be killed" is appropriate! Hopefully that slow ass blocking the 2nd closest parking spot will be ok and heal quickly. That should be my special prayer before dinner tomorrow! I'm kidding, but only sort of. I survived the grocery store.... hooray for me!

Then the phone rang. My silly husband has yet to learn NOT to bother me the day before a holiday, or at least during my cooking-a-thon episodes. Unfortunately for him, he was lambasted (at hello) with everything that he shouldn't do. Poor guy - I even told him don't bother coming home early if all you're going to do is get in my way, (here comes the doozie) OR create more work for me. Eeks. I didn't shut up at that zinger either -- nope -- I had to warn him not to even THINK about criticizing the state of the kitchen, house, or my lack of shower at 1:00 status. Let me add, he's still at work and it's 3:30 pm. I am pretty sure he's afraid, very afraid of me right now.

Bad news: I've had a "do-over". I guess when they say "egg whites" they really mean egg WHITES. I must have missed that day in art class when they taught us color coding distinctions. Lucky for me (and for the grocery store attendees) I thought ahead and had doubles on hand.... things started to look up....

My back is numb, my shoulders are one big knot -- and the curseword tourettes are flowing ingeniously.

The best part? Tomorrow, Friday, and Saturday I get to do it all over again..... ok, now I AM attacking that kahlua....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think! Julie

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter