Mexico - Sisters' Vacation - 2013
Mexico 2013
Can you believe it's been three years since ANY Mexico vacation? Four years for the girls' only one - but who is counting? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.
This year, Kate and I decided that we desperately needed a girls' trip, and serious beach time was mandatory. This sun slut was desperate for hot weather, a comfy beach lounger, and mental escape. Not having the cottage/boat accessible last summer really made things even more dire.... so we found a deal and booked it.
It couldn't have come at a better time too! The cottage construction, and the other holiday commitments took every last bit of energy I had, and tapped into the reserves. It was time to recharge the proverbial gas tank and head south.
Kate and I were apprehensive to return to Puerto Vallarta - due to the "reported" beheadings, drug cartel kidnapping of Americans, and a general DO NOT GO atmosphere blasted by the media. Hmm...would we be safe? What precautions should we take? Would we be safe taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel (to beat the slow ass bus)? etc.
We decided that we would indeed go, and we'd take a taxi, but we would stay on the resort grounds, and eliminate our normal jaunt into town for dinner/shopping. Not a big sacrifice, all things considered.
Oh...by the way.... all those reported incidents that our US Media has blasted? All propaganda. They were ALL bull____, and put out by our Government to perpetuate their own agenda. Think about it.... border wars, immigration laws, relations with Mexico - what better way to get the American people to buy into this "need" than to create hysteria about safety in the resort towns. What better way to scare the Americans into NOT going to Mexico - hit 'em where it hurts. Think about it. Yes, there are drug cartel wars going on in the border towns - always have been, probably always will be. But leave the resort town hysterics alone....because that is just bull shit. How did we find out about this? We spoke to locals, Canadians, staff members, taxi drivers, and any one else that would share. Not a single one had heard of the beheadings in town, drug cartel stopping vehicles, kidnappings - not a single case. Just gotta love the hidden agenda of some people!!
Off soap box... onto the vacation.
I was kind of concerned that things may start off a bit rocky, when realizing I had left the Mexico phone charger back home - about two hours away. Crap. Mike had originally planned on staying over at the airport hotel with me, but decided that since there was a shuttle, I'd be fine on my own. Not a big deal UNTIL the charger debacle. Note to self: get rid of all those chargers on the kitchen counter that are not useful. Luckily, I was able to find a Verizon store close by, and had a car service take me. I asked for a cab, but the hotel offers a car service -- and I definitely wasn't going to argue :D . With that mini-crisis averted, it was time to start the vacation!!!
Travel day: Early, early early. Kate and I met up, and got ourselves checked in. I had done so a few minutes before her arrival, because I'm impatient like that. oops! However, it didn't matter because we were booked for First Class and could pretty much choose our seats. Who knew that there is such a thing as First Class on Funjet/Apple charters?!?! Found out that for an extra $100 round trip it could be ours.... DONE! Seriously, it was the best $100 we have spent on any of our vacations!! Nice big, comfy leather seats with massive amounts of legroom - free cocktails - and actual "snacks". For once, the 4-1/2 hr plane ride seemed to fly by (no pun intended)... and THIS YEAR no luggage issues to report!!!
We were on the beach by 2:30 pm, and having our first pool visit shortly thereafter.
Labels: Mexico - Girls trip!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to let me know what you think! Julie
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home