Friday, January 21, 2011

COMPETITION - 2011

The latest obsessive competition -- 2011 - Part I

Sheesh.... I think this head cold is also killing off any and all brain cells!  How could I have forgotten to update y'all on our latest competition? 

For Christmas (besides our new computer) Mike gave me (or "us") a new game.  Why?  He felt bad, make that REALLY bad, that he has trounced me at Yahtzee three years in a row.  And YES, we are counting! 

In fact, on one of my Xmas presents the label read "To:  Julie.  From:  The 3-Time Champion".     Hmm... wonder who THAT was from?  lol  Nice, huh? 

Even on Christmas he has to rub it in.  Even on Christmas, he makes it a competition some how.  Even Christmas he has to challenge me.  Silly man -- doesn't he know it's MY game?!?

What game?  Scrabble. 

He thought it was only fair to give me a game that I have a "chance" at beating him at.  Again... how nice of him, huh?  hee hee.  His other reasoning behind it was in theory I know a vast array of words.  He says that I'm actually "good" with them, therefore, (again in theory) I should be able to beat him. 

Do I throttle him now, or later?

First game...... I'm making 5 and 6 letter words feeling VERY proud of myself and possibly bragging and talking a bit of smack (who me?!?).  Oops.  Stupid me. He kicked me ass by no other than his "BIG" words... IE., Cow, Axe, Ape, As... you get my drift.  His big 3-letter words kicked my 6 letter ones in the tush. 

Although...... his prediction has come true.  I am beating him, overall -- 5 games to 3.  We've become (ok, ME) addicted.  We'll leave our current game on the board and play a round each night (mostly). 

I cannot wait to continue my winning streak this weekend.  Even this darn head cold can't keep me down.  I've been secretly reading the dictionary, trying to memorize all "Q" words, along with "V", "X" and "Z".  Yup... those are my typical letters. 

Thank you, dearest Mike for re-awakening my scrabble addiction .....  :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous kl said...

I play an online version of scrabble and have realized it's not the length of the word that counts (lol) but the combos you make counting letters more than once ;)

January 23, 2011 at 8:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think! Julie

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter