Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A day a new masterpiece was created......

June 15th -- It is a day that has such relevance in many different arenas in my life.   I have friends who share birthdays on this day,  a not-so-happy wedding memory (dad), the 3-month birthday of Gracie (SUV), but sadly Gracie now shares this day with another artistic master...........

Gracie was Van-Gogh'ed. 

Last night, I was at a stop sign putting my phone down, when all of a sudden there was a thunder clash and I knew it wasn't from the rainstorm.  WTF?  Gracie was hit, or more specifically Gracie was Van-Gogh'ed.  Her left ear was totally cut off.  Left with only the electrical wires keeping it attached. 

Gracie was exactly 3 months old when she was so brutally beaten.  LOL  Okay, it could have been a lot worse... but still... I am ticked. 

Who hit her?  Our stupid ass neighbor, as in "next door" neighbor.  He stopped and came to make sure I was okay.  Was I?  I guess.  I was pretty dazed and confused (HOLD THE JOKES PEOPLE!!!!!).  lol  He then continues on to tell me that "you were in my lane". 

Ummm.... dude..... I was stopped at the stop sign, and there are no lines.  But, being taught by the lawyer-dad himself, I knew NEVER to discuss who was at fault at the scene of any accident.  The moron neighbor just kept blabbing on.  I couldn't... I was too pissed. 

He asked if I was going to call the cops.  Umm... not yet -- I AM going to get to Oshkosh (30 minute drive) and have this assessed.  THEN I will decide what to do.  So, dude, give me your insurance info.  He did. 

Imagine me driving 70 miles an hour, pouring rain, holding the Van-Gogh'ed ear in my left hand and driving with my right -- all this for 30 minutes.  I made it with a minute to spare, and was very pleased to find out all the mechanicals were still working.  The entire mirror and casing will be replaced on Thursday, and will be brand new too. 

Now... for those little dent/ding marks.... those will be taken care of at a later time. 

Once done there, I headed straight to the grocery store.... I needed to load up for the upcoming war with the Russians.  I KNEW that a war was going to be waged and pretty much as soon as I'd get home. 

They didn't fail me. 

After calming down (thank you to the pair of Russians who visited), and thinking more rationally, I've decided to get it fixed tomorrow.  Monday, upon our return from the cottage, I will march into his store with repair invoice in hand and ask him "so, what are we going to do about this?".... and go from there.  

Yes. I was probably somewhat in his lane -- although it is a country road with NO painted lines -- it would hard to "prove" where I was.   What I am a 100% positive about -- is that I was stopped at the stop sign.   I am a 100% positive that he took the turn too wide and hit me.  Regardless of where I was. 

Mike thinks he must of been going pretty damn fast (remember it was pouring too), and that in itself is a big no-no around the big blind curve.  tsk tsk. 

I am definitely not a fan of this neighbor either, nor is anyone else in this neighborhood.  He's a total snoop,  but not when you want him to be.  He's "that" of neighbor who told me "hey... your husband must travel a lot, huh?"  ME:  "um no not really, why?"  HIM:  "Well I see you walking around your house at night, but not him"..... ummm.... HEY CREEP STOP LOOKING IN MY WINDOWS. 

We each have a 5 acre parcel, it's not as if he's RIGHT next door.  It takes an effort to see anything.  He also told me a month ago, that he likes to hang out in his bonus room over his garage with binoculars, and did I know that we had deer that bed down next to our house?  Let me get this straight.... you have BINOCULARS and are checking out our house?  CREEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYY. 

Gracie is sitting comfortably in the garage.  Currently she is duct tapped together, and fortunately her bandage is a lovely darker color of gray, so she can remain gloriously color coordinated.  Even if it is duct tape. 

Who knew that Gracie would be compared to such a "Master" of fine art??????? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 Comments:

Anonymous KL said...

LOL! Poor poor Gracie! Glad to see the Russians helped ease the pain! :)

June 16, 2010 at 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Maureen said...

never a dull moment in your life ...

June 16, 2010 at 10:44 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Poor Gracie... I had a similar situation, but it was a city bus who was the master behind my masterpiece. Once I got out of the car in grid lock and picked up the pieces of what was left of my mirror I attempted to chase down the bus. Alas, I was smart enough to realize I would not catch the bus without figuring out his route and making it to the next stop before he did (we I did contemplate)Instead I wrote down his plate number and reported t to the police. The insurance company dealt with the city and everything got repaired.

Good Luck

As for the creepshow.... time to leave bristol board signs in your windows with messages just for him.

Possible Signs...
"Would you prefer I call the cops tonight or tomorrow?"

"I wasn't in your lane."

June 16, 2010 at 8:25 PM  
Anonymous jrhansen said...

Great idea -- the signs. How about "Hey Andrew... did you know peeping is a federal offense" ??????

I love the "lane" one too :)

June 16, 2010 at 10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your trip to Mr. Creepy's store with the invoice was a success; I love the sign ideas - the peeper creeper needs to be stopped!

Take care and hope it all works out!

Jacqui

June 21, 2010 at 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think! Julie

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter