Another new year.....
2011
I am lost. I am jonesing and having intense withdrawal symptoms, and consider this blog as a proverbial reaching-out-for-help call.
NO...I'm not officially addicted to the Russians -- neither varietal -- white or black. Those aren't the withdrawals I'm speaking of.... nor the diet coke addiction.... OK fine, not even my Kindle addiction.
I'm talking about my sun slut/Mexico addiction.
Kate and I aren't going this year.... and it's officially "that time" of the month when we do go. Yesterday, my hair dresser... Today -- oh hell even my Geek Squad guy was asking me questions about where to go, etc.
I. CANNOT. GET. AWAY. FROM. IT.
Sigh, sigh. I guess I'll just be reclusing away in my office, playing with the new computer and dreaming about Dirty Monkeys, Slippery Nipples, and the other wonderful concoctions we were in love with.
However..... with this new year, brings new adventures too. In March I'll be heading back to Phoenix for Erica's wedding. No, Mike isn't joining me as he strongly "dislikes" Phoenix for many reasons -- but -- he told me to go ahead and go out there! Didn't have to have him repeat that suggestion twice. I'm on it! Although, the thought of attending yet another Phoenix wedding alone didn't thrill me, the thought of having some primo primo sun time in March made me forget quickly the woes of weddings. Even better, I am bringing Kate along.... all is solved! It's really hard to believe that she has never been there. Wait, for all of those years that I lived there after college, you mean she never once visited? Nope.
I guess my memory is failing me these days. More likely she was broke, I was broke and the parents weren't offering any free airfare either. THAT is the most probable explanation of all!!!! So, I am quite anxious to show my sister all of my old jaunts -- assuming that all are still around. Somehow I doubt the Elephant Bar is still there.
Ahhhhh the Elephant Bar. What a place, what a name and most of all the reason for my dead brain cells. It was "the place to be" on any given weekend night. A place where this chick could actually wear a pair of heels (as in the "CFMH") and not have to limp in/out. The outdoor patio WAS THE BEST place for people watching, specifically, guy watching. Oh wait... never mind. I need to stop this memory lane before I start confessing things that ought to remain back in the '80s.
Think I'll be able to find at least one of my old apartments? Probably the first one. I seriously have NO CLUE where the other 6 were located. Seriously!!! So, if any of my Phoenix friends can help me out -- please leave your comments below.
Remember those dead brain cells? THAT is exactly what I am talking about!!!!
Moving on.........
The new computer!!!! LOVE IT. We decided to give each other a new computer for Christmas presents. Works for me! Our old one (safely set up in the basement) was approximately 10 years old (which is 100 yrs old in human age) and was as slow as my walking speed. When it started to time out for no reason, I finally agreed it was time to let it go. I fought Mike for some time as I didn't think it was "necessary". Boy was I wrong.
I also forgot how much he loves BIG things. lol. We walked into American TV, the sales guy showed us this new Touch smart, all-in-one 26" screened computer and Mike was a goner. Um... sweetie.... do you think we really need a monitor THAT big? His answer...... yes.
Plus side -- I barely need my glasses on to see it anymore. Ahhh... the silver lining :)
Now.... if I could just pry my ass away from it, I might be able to de-christmas-tize the house. Nah... what's the hurry? lol

3 Comments:
Julie,
Great to read your blog! Phoenix sounds like it will be some kinda trip. Sorry you are missing Mexico. I'm sitting here smiling since I know I can travel vicariously through you ;)
You are hilarious as usual! I am a fan and have been for a long time elsewhere ;)
Will be following you here!
Blessings,
BFK
xxx
Hello Dahling.. Erica here.. bride to be for yet what I hope is your most favorite Phoenix wedding!!! Oh.. and guess what... the Elephant Bar is still around, and kicking!! Its moved.. but you will still love it, I am sure. Love the blog. Mike is nuts, and well so is my guy. Its all good. Oh, and I know of at least 2 places you lived!
Woohoo for a trip down memory lane... My bestfriend and I have a block of years in our lives we call "the lost years", too much tequila definitely caused some serious memory loss. Always fun to Revisit the memories, those that you can remember ;) XO
Post a Comment
Feel free to let me know what you think! Julie
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home