The Days of the Honda-skate-a-thon are numbered
It's time.......
Time for what? Well... after a wonderful nine year run, I have decided that it's time to get a new vehicle. One cannot say that I'm not a risk taker, however, the gamble of driving around in a well-worn nine year old car is too high a risk for me! I've always known when to hold 'em, and when to fold 'em, except in cars.
Mike (dh) asked me a innocent question the other night that I was unable to answer without a long pause, and then counting on my fingers. He simply asked how many cars I've had in my entire lifetime. Did he mean MY own cars, or ones that all of us kids were able to finagle, using my parents automobiles? If it was my OWN car... the answer is 4. This current one is my fourth. Only four since I was the age of 23? Yup. The math is easy (right?!?).
Don't know why, but I have a REALLY hard time letting go of cars. I fall in love, am loyal, take care and nurture them (sort of), and keep them until "death due us part". Just like a marriage! You try on quite a few. Take out a bunch for a proverbial "test drive"; find out that some are definitely not for you. Other models and makes are just ok (or "fine"), but.....when you find "the one".... then, and only then will you find pure bliss. Ok... enough with the drama... I just hate getting used to new cars.
But buying a car IS like dating. You do try on lots for size (ahem... get out of the gutter people!), do you want a small one (again...gutter), or is it time to go big (size matters, right?). lol I am tired of small ones. I am going for BIG... as in 3-for-1. Yup.... I'm going for a triple, leather wrapped, three-in-one SUV. Jesus people... get your minds out of the gutter!!!!!!!
I have found "the one".... but we are still playing games. I am trying to get the best price, most features all with the least amount of money involved. And since there are no pimps working for the independent (me)... I'm left to fend for myself! ha ha.
Did I mention that I LOVE to barter and negotiate? At least as far as cars go. I love watching how the dealerships deal with a female vs. when Mike is around. It is simply amazing that we are treated differently. I love it -- I call it the "set up". Let 'em think I'm just out looking for the "pretty" color and that is all I care about. Then I play/juggle all the dealerships against each other in a 200 mile radius. Boy are they hungry right now. However, it appears that the games are playing out to my advantage so far.
The winner? 2010 Honda Pilot, Touring Edition. Three ROWS for the price of one. Leather wrapped. lol
Good bye (or buy?) 2001... hello 2010.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to let me know what you think! Julie
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home