Saturday, December 5, 2009

Thanksgiving etc.

If for one second I thought no one reads (or cares about) this blog, I found out differently last night. Several people reminded me that they were waiting for the Thanksgiving update. Hmm... oops. It seems I forgot all about it :)

Troy - this is to shut you up --- so read! I know, of course, (wink wink) you're not reading this at work. lol Also, a big thank you for teaching me my first blog swear: nnln

The things we learn at work holiday parties!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Thanksgiving ~ and the whole fam damily

We all survived. The end. If it were just that simple! Since the groups weren't arriving until late afternoon, it afforded me the option to complete my pre-cooking on Wednesday, and a last minute deep kitchen clean etc. I was remarkably calm and prepared. Shockingly so.... as Mike informed me :)

I was done so early, in fact, that I tried to catch a nap. I was beyond exhausted. Do you think I could fall asleep? Of course not. I even called Kate and asked her to sing me a lullaby. Didn't work. But it did remind me of couple of funny lines we once read: "only a voice a mother could love"... "inaudible for human ears".... or "like nails on a chalk board"...... hee hee Just kidding, Kate!

I couldn't wait for everyone to arrive.... time just stood still. And so it begins....

We began a new family tradition last year. This year we all had butt sex.

What the hell? The tradition aforementioned is to do a "shot" together. A toast, per se. Last year, it was ginger-flavored brandy (inside family joke); this years shot was more vulgar. As I am laughing out loud while typing this imagining all your faces as you just read that!

So, what is that you ask? You fill a shot gl-ass (pun intended) half way with Hot Sex and top it off w/Butterscotch Schnapps... hence.... Butt Sex. For those of you wondering ~ it is very tasty, and tastes just like a chocolate butterscotch candy.

So for you sickos enjoying this, you can insert your own jokes now ___. My most amusing one was the thought of my ex-SIL hearing from her daughter "Mom... I had butt sex for the first time at Aunt Julie & Uncle Mikes.... AND I liked it....". Yes, I am laughing out loud!!!!! It was definitely a conversation starter! PS - my 15 year old niece did NOT drink it.

That night, after stuffing our faces with pizza and Caesar salad, we were all a bit loud and giddy. And loud and animated. Wait... that was just me. I also felt the uncontrollable need to pick an age-old argument with my brother, JP. An indiscretion that all four Hansen kids partook in over the summer of 1979. A momentous event that cost me six months of freedom during my Junior year in high school. Why the hell would I even "go there".... hell if I know.... but it seemed really important at the time. Six months without friends, phones, going out, etc. Only school, work, and cheer leading events. Ugh. I guess I felt the need to "blame" my brother for throwing me under the bus.... funny thing... I kind of forgot that he was granted two weeks of grounding himself.

Silly discussions amongst siblings 30 years after the fact! I wasn't even angry -- just in that place of wanting a healthy discussion..... after several too many White Russians.

Amusing tidbit... it appears that my pool game actually improves with each passing cocktail. Yes... that means my pool game was dang good that night!

Thanksgiving morning came way too fast. Could it be that the cocktails from the previous night were calling my name? For some reason I needed an immediate diet coke. Hmm... sounds like a slight hangover to me. We opted to skip breakfast and dive right in to early snacks while watching the Packers vs. the Lions football game. Fortunately the Pack won, and we were all happy! What a wonderful day, relaxed and full of football. Perfection.





















Dinner was so quiet and refined without our Dad and his wife. No disasters or falling down drunks. Sheesh, it just wasn't fun without being able to make her cry, or roll our eyes at boring ass repeat stories. Call me nuts! lol

TG evening was pretty low key... and a strategy for black friday was formed. My silly sister and two nieces decided that they wanted to "experience" midnight shopping. Luckily we talked them out of leaving at that time -- too many drunks, not to mention drunk deer hunters on the roads. They opted to leave at 5 am instead. I was shocked to see all the deals they found. I wonder if it's worth forsaking a few hours of sleep? Nah.

Crowds, drunks, coupon clippers........ sounds like Walmart on a Friday night!

By the time they got home, it was time to leave. It all sped by so quickly! No time for a family game, or cards. Bummer. We will just have to postpone the game wars for next time.

Thanksgiving -- nothing like Butt Sex and family!

The "end" ........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to let me know what you think! Julie

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Web Counter
Free Counter