Procrastination...or just dragging my feet?
I've waited for this day for many, many months. Ball park tour - part two. Dates were decided way back in January/February when the MLB first posted 20009 schedules. Plane tickets purchased. Hotels researched and pre-paid.... all the details were taken care of.....
I was seriously anxious and ready for this latest adventure.... UNTIL TODAY? What's up with that? Ok, I'm still anxious.... but even that hasn't propelled me into action yet. Why? Is there some deep hidden meaning to all of this, or simply procrastination? Hmm....
I've already printed the boarding passes at the correct time. I've had my pack list done for two weeks. Every thing is washed, dried, and carried upstairs -- so why can't I just "finish"?
I know why.....
The brand new starch bottle took a tumble over the 2nd floor banister and landed with a thump. Before you all brand me as insane, or minimally not making any sense.... let me explain. In order to start the ironing process (dh's clothes, mine), I needed to buy more starch. I can't iron without it, or it doesn't work for me. My old bottle ran out this morning on dh's clothes for work, and that's when the new bottle went careening over the balcony. PS - The plastic straw/top BROKE. So -- NOW before I can iron, I have to go back to the grocery store and lie to replace it. And since I'm out, then I better go get my errands done -- nails and toes. This means I have to shower first, and shave. You know ladies what I'm talking about. The shave before a vacation is a full-on shave -- shaving cream, new blades, full legs etc. You know exactly what I'm talking about. That will add at least 10 minutes to the regular shower routine. I digress. Because I simply am not able to iron -- that means without ironing, I cannot pack. If I cannot pack -- why do anything? ha ha.
Ugh...........
See...... this explains why I'm procrastinating, doesn't it?!?! lol
All this started because of a starch bottle crashing and burning.
Ok, you can now stop shaking your heads ;) And if anyone would like to stall me, please feel free to call. I promise to answer on the first ring

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to let me know what you think! Julie
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home