2009 - Cottage Chronicles, Part I
The Cottage Chronicles - 2009 edition
Yessssssssssss...... winter is FINALLY over, and it appears that Spring decided to take the year off. That's ok -- I can deal with that.
Why is this picture so important to me? Well.. first of all I crave the water. In whatever form. Ocean, Sea, Lakes, Streams, pools, hot tubs, bathtubs.... you get the drift.
Secondly, the sky is blue! I have been waiting five months for the blue sky to reappear! The grey drab winter depresses the hell out of me. Nothing puts me into a deep depression as fast as never-ending blah skies. Ick. For this reason alone, I could never live in Seattle. No thanks!
(ok.... I think he looks kinda hot!)
Look Jules.... I caught yet another Bass....
p.s. thank goodness I remembered the camera. He never gets "proof" of the fish he catches....
On to the good stuff......... This season's opening was a much needed relief. I look forward to it like nothing else. Why? It's just a little tiny cottage on a couple of lakes. Nope... I look forward to it because it's like a mini-vacation every weekend. It's a place to get away, to chill, to kick back and stare out the windows for hours. It's a time to take the boat out for no reason other than you can! It's freedom, relaxation and slobbiness all rolled into one.
It's the only place where I don't mind getting BEAT at Yahtzee. Yup.... another year and the tallies were wiped clean. The VERY first roll of the dice - I roll a Yahtzee. It went down hill from there. FYI - I'm down 3 games to 1. Ugh...... but it IS only May!!!!! Please don't tell my siblings that I don't care if I lose -- they will never forget to mention it, IF I happen to have a momentary lapse of judgement.
So.... of all days (Mothers Day).... look I what I see out the front door on Sunday:
How appropriate, right? Pretty much off the charts with the "cute factor"... Move over Octomom... we have our own.
So..... the Cottage is open for business! The bar is slowly being re-stocked, as are the cupboards. This year my food goal is to avoid having every flavor of Pop-Tarts! Something about the cottage and those things bring me back to our childhood cottage!
The Cottage Chronicles have begun...........
Next up - another family wedding....... lol
Labels: Cottage Chronicles - 2009

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to let me know what you think! Julie
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home